Competition Time (May 2017)
May is the month leading up to the UK Games Expo
The level of anticipation and excitement is almost the same as December leading up to Christmas.
One of my favourite games that I discovered at last year's UKGE was Onitama. A simple and elegant two player game which I've played with my children as well as my "serious" gaming friends - and everybody likes it.
In memory of last year's discovery, this month's competition offers you the choice of winning Onitama or one of three other oriental themed games which I have had the pleasure of playing in the past year: Takenoko, Tokaido or Tsuro. Three family friendly games which can also be enjoyed by more serious gamers, and all of which happen to begin with "T".
- Onitama: move like a monkey/snake/frog to control the board
- Takenoko: bamboo and a panda, what more do you need?
- Tokaido: tourism and ramen in ancient Japan
- Tsuro: the path of the dragon
⭐️⭐️ LIKE the Facebook competition post and leave a comment below it saying which game you'd prefer to win ⭐️⭐️
For extra entries in the competition (only valid if you take the step above as well!):
- +1 extra entry for everybody who is on our newsletter mailing list http://boardgamemonster.co.uk/register
- +1 extra entry for everybody who has liked the main BoardGameMonster Facebook page
- +1 extra entry for anybody who says "hello" to me at the UK Games Expo and gets me to write their name down in my Little Book Of Bonus Entries! (I'll be wearing a dark green "Board Game Monster" shirt and I'm there all weekend)
- it would also be great if you chose to spread the word by sharing this post on Facebook and other social media
Keeping to the UKGE theme, the closing date for entries is the closing day of the expo, Sunday 4th June. Full Ts&Cs can be seen below.
See you at the show!
*** S-T-R-E-T-C-H GOALS ***
Here are some stretch goals for you wonderful people:
- Basic competition: 1 prize from the four featured games
- 200 followers of our Twitter account: an extra prize of £10 off any of the four featured games => https://twitter.com/bgamemonster
- 400 competition likes: an extra prize of £10 off any of the featured games
- 900 BoardGameMonster page likes: an extra prize of £10 off any of the featured games
- 1000 page likes AND 500 competition likes: the prizes will be changed to 1 free item from the four featured ones; a second prize of 1 free item from the three remaining ones; and a third prize of £10 off anything on BoardGameMonster.co.uk
And if we get close to those with time to spare then I'll put my thinking cap on!
So, please spread the word, share the competition post and lets get some more prizes in the pool!
Terms and Conditions:
- This is a Facebook competition and liking and commenting on the main competition post is the only way to enter the competition.
- Once you have entered the competition you can increase your chances of winning by fulfiling the requirements for "extra entries".
- Maximum of one prize per person.
- Open to all UK residents aged 18+.
- If the winner lives outside of the usual parcel delivery areas then we may ask them to pay any excess delivery fees.
- The closing date for entries is 00:01 on 5th June 2017
- This competitiong is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.